|MRPA News Update May 18, 2017
MMSD To Present Dam Removal Plan to Glendale
MMSD will present to Glendale Common Council on May 22nd. No Public comment. *Also on the agenda under New Business (The public may speak to the Council prior to the beginning of deliberations on these items, provided they have notified their respective Alderperson or the Mayor in advance of this meeting).
- b) Discussion and possible action for an independent hydraulic analysis of the Milwaukee River. (Ald. Daugherty)
- c) Resolution Requesting the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources to require an Environmental Impact Statement on the removal of the Estabrook Dam, and requesting the Milwaukee Metropolitan Sewerage District to provide an Environmental Impact Statement, prior to dam removal, on the future needs and expected changes in the conditions of the area upstream and surrounding the Estabrook Dam. (Ald. Daugherty)
This is a must attend!– contact your alderman or the Mayor if you wish to speak. MMSD will host an open house on Per the city administrator, “I was told MMSD would be sending flyers to affected residents. You can contact them to see if your property was on the list” Have any of you seen a flyer in your mail box?
This is another must attend!
MMSD submitted the final application to abandon the Estabrook on March 28th, 2017. Up until 4/21/17 we had been told by the WDNR that a completed application from the MMSD had not been received, what they didn’t say was that an application was received but it was not complete, one can only speculate. On May 1, 2017 the WDNR deemed MMSD’s application to abandon the Estabrook Dam complete to the point that the department could start reviewing the application. For the application and for Information pertaining to the application and supporting documents go to the following link: https://permits.dnr.wi.gov/water/SitePages/DocSetView.aspx?DocSet=WP-IP-SE-2017-41-01017 Call, write or Email the DNR requesting a NEW EIS which includes upstream impacts as part of the Scope of the study. You can email to:
- ‘Lourigan, Tanya L – DNR’ Tanya.Lourigan@wisconsin.gov
- ‘Betzold, Kristina A – DNR’ Kristina.Betzold@wisconsin.gov
- ‘Sturtevant, William – DNR’ William.Sturtevant@wisconsin.gov coming soon.
- Call or write contact information:
William D Sturtevant, P.E. State Dam Safety Engineer Bureau of Watershed Management Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources Phone: (608)266-8033 Fax: (608) 267-2800
SEWRPC submitted updated hydro information – read more We need a new hydraulic study not just an excuse for an update that doesn’t include any scientific information after 2015. Demand Petitions – We have collect 218 signature but we need more!
- Please print out the petition here, sign and maybe get a few of your neighbors to sign it then send it back to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you do not have the capability to print and scan please Contact Tammy Blaeske at 414-416-6198 or email@example.com for assistance or arrange a pickup or drop-off.
We all have a lot to lose if we don’t act together in unity. Remember What Happens to One – Happens to All http://milwaukeeriverpreservation.org